University Wi-Fi: Eduroam
For technical support call the University Technology Support Center
- Encrypted wireless service for university students, faculty and staff
- Global service: present at many educational institutions around the world
Interested in more information?
Technical Service Description
Connecting to Eduroam
- A University of Maine System user ID (your "@maine.edu" account)
- Supported operating systems: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, ChromeOS
For Android: See specific instructions below.
Instructions for most operating systems:
- Tap on the "eduroam" network in your device's Wi-Fi network list.
- Enter your username in "firstname.lastname@example.org" form, and then your password.
- If prompted to accept a certificate, accept it (e.g. "continue" on macOS").
- After tapping on the eduroam network, the network settings should be set to the following.
On some versions and/or models, some or all of these settings may be hidden in an "advanced"
menu that you may need to tap on to expose the setting.
Example screenshot (Samsung Android 12):
- Set "EAP method" to PEAP
- If present, set "Phase 2 authentication" to MSCHAPV2
- Set "Identity" to your username with @maine.edu appended.
- Enter your password in the password field.
- Set "CA Certificate" to "Do not validate.
- If present, "Anonymous identity" can be left blank.
- Tap "Connect"